"While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about!"

Friday, September 30, 2011

Thank goodness for smiles!

The smiles of my children and a phone call from my hubby turned this day around!

So it hasn't been an easy week, it wasn't a bad week just a long one with travel and being away from the family.  While the work meetings were good, I was in an awesome suite at the JW Marriott in Chicago, plus I got to see one of my beautiful cousins and her amazing workplace, it is still hard to be away from the kids and Matthew. Not to mention we came off a long week last week too.
 
Today was hard, I haven't seen Matt and Caden since Tuesday morning, I know they are having a GREAT time but I miss them.  Last night was rough adjusting back for all of us here and today, well it was busy and long but....all of that didn't matter as soon as I walked in to pick up my kids (well the 3 of them with me) and they smiled at me it all turned around.   Then we got a call from Matthew and Caden and that is just what we needed.  Maggie misses Caden and she got to talk to him.  Mallory and Cale were hearing daddy and Caden but looking at the door like they were going to walk through and be here (they don't quite understand the phone concept yet unless we are Skyping!). 

It truly amazes me how much the smiles from these little people can change a day or the worries of a week. 
Just when it was a long week and a day when I wonder how in the world I can do everything that needs to be done they can make it a happy and warm day where nothing else matters.

So I am smiling with tears in my eyes as I so enjoyed my evening with the 3 little ones.  Dinner, bathes, puzzles, books and now Barbie Fairies with Maggie  - who could need anything more?  Well we would like daddy and Caden with us but we know that they are having fun!

Thank you my babies - you knew what momma needed and you never let me down.  Who wouldn't smile after looking at these wonderful faces - and FYI Cale would NOT sit still for me to take his picture.  He is a toddler on the go!



No comments:

Post a Comment