"While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about!"

Sunday, December 18, 2011

It's a McCool Family Tradition

Well our holiday season continued right along last night with the annual McCool family gag gift party.  Matthew and I hosted but could not have done it without the help of the entire family.  This party is one that you never know what you will get and is always a guaranteed good time.

What I loved about last night was sitting and watching all of the kids.  They sat there together and watched everyone open their gifts, they are all close and they all fold my little ones into their group - they protect them and take care of them.  It warms my heart to know that even though there are 6+ years in age difference these young adults get that my little ones look up to them and enjoy spending time with them.

Of course there were lots of good gifts given, Adam gave himself a gift - that was a first, Andy was gifted gear for the shot spot, Doug and Ashley learned that their LaRosas obsession can now be remembered everyday with their photo of Josh, Eddie got yet another card to remind him of the snow blower, Kasey and Brady were introduced to the exchange with great gifts and Candy got a dog.  There were many more gifts, too many to share. 

What I can share is that the McCool family is truly an amazing and fun group.  I am honored to be a part of their family and so glad that they could all join us for our fun times last night. 
I cannot wait to see the couples photos, Aunt Cathy picked up a fun photo opt for us, hopefully I will be able to share some soon.

I love Christmas and I love all of the family time that comes with Christmas, the gifts are fun but they aren't want is important, our time together is priceless and I am so glad that we were all able to get together last night to kick off our week of Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment