"While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about!"

Wednesday, May 28, 2014

I love Mommy You and me we are vrey haqqy toger!

This is what I came home to last night:


The translation, "I <3 mommy  you and me are very happy together"  This is from my 6 year old daughter who has no idea how much this means to me or how much I love her.  It was all because she missed me while I was gone.

I had to run up to my dad's place late last night to take care of a few things, while I was gone the hubby was managing to get the kids fed, it was 8:30 PM thank you kids activities, bathed and just to keep them out of the street because they wanted to be outside.  I headed out and took care of what I needed to and arrived home about 45 minutes later exhausted, starving and a sweaty mess to find to this beautiful artwork.
Her gift to me changed everything!

It gave me the hug I needed after working at dad's and hating that he is gone and things could not be different, energy to get showered and eat even though I just wanted to crumble to the ground and go to sleep, and lastly reassurance that even though I am not a perfect mom and do not always get it right, in her eyes none of it matters other than being together.  I am trying hard to let go of things and my "to do" list.  I am trying hard to be in the moment for them and not distracted by work, phones, technology or unnecessary worry.  I am not always great at any of it, the "things we should be doing" list vs. the "things my kids want to do" list is hard to balance.  However, I can tell you that in the last 6 weeks as I have tried to let go and just enjoy my kids and I have seen more of them, laughed more and been more patient with them.  Heck yes my laundry is piled to the ceiling, shoes cannot be found, mail is piled up and dishes need to be done but I will get to that "junkie room" on a rainy day soon but right now my kids need me to be present in their lives and connected to them.  Do I still need a break and adult time - double heck yes - and why I am grateful for last Sunday evening when they stayed with grandparents but I can tell you that being focused on them at the right times is making a difference for us all.

I now know from talking with Maggie that she really doesn't want to leave kindergarten because she is loving it and will miss her fabulous teachers but that deep down she is really excited to see what first grade will hold.  I would not have had this adult conversation with my 6 year old which brought me into her fears and excitement had I not taken the time last night to thank her for my fabulous drawing and the love she brought me.  A simple thank you opened up her little world to me.

I love this little girl, my 4lb. baby is growing up and growing into an amazing little lady.  She is funny, smart, driven, loves to perform and loves to create art.  She has a BIG imagination and goes at her own pace and in her own direction but it sure is a fun ride.  I am grateful I am her momma and honored to have the title.

Maggie Lynne, I love you and will never be able to tell you enough how much you and your message means to me.  You are a blessing and while I may not always look forward to your teenage years because you are just like your momma in many ways, I will cherish the lessons you teach me and the love you give.  Plus you do a pretty great drawing of momma, I will cherish it forever.  Love you Doodle!


No comments:

Post a Comment