"While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about!"

Wednesday, February 17, 2016

One more sleep and a MILLION emotions!

One more sleep and then I am on my way to the event that scares me, excites me and makes me proud.

It's time - the Disney Princess Glass Slipper Challenge is here FINALLY!  We have only been planning and training since sign ups in June!

I am honored to be a part of an amazing team for such an amazing cause.
I am EXCITED to prove to myself I can do 19.3 and as Brooke requested, not die from pushing myself.
I am thrilled my momma will be there to cheer me on but sad the kids and hubby will be watching from home.  I cannot wait to share the excitement of the race and day with Haley, our moms and mother in law.
I am grateful for all of the support, whether a donation, a training run or just a good luck it is appreciated more than you know.
I am exhausted, between getting things together to make home life easier and trying to remember all I need to pack it has been some very long days.
I am overwhelmed as there is still so much to do, including wrapping up this work thing because I refuse to take my computer this weekend.
I am appreciative of my hubby for allowing me to do this and to give me the ability to go for 5 days for fun, runs and sun.  It takes a lot to manage this amazing kids we have and I know they all will be great.
I am proud of myself for taking the time to do this and for finding a team that is doing so many wonderful things for so many deserving families.
I am READY or I will be when I finally pack my suitcase tonight but physically I am as ready as I can be.  I ran more miles in January than I ever have in one month of my life.  Sure I could have had a few more long runs but as a working mom with 4 kids and a million things to distract me I am as ready as I will be!

So one more sleep, I hope it's more than just a few hours but I am sure my nerves will kick in and I won't sleep much.

If you would still like to support the fight against Rett Syndrome you can do so here:
Trina's GSC to Cure Rett Syndrome

You can follow along during race day, races start early and some of you will still be in bed when I finish but we will capture it all in photos to share.  Here is the link to sign up for tracking:
Disney Princess Race Tracking

I cannot thank everyone enough, I truly am so grateful and appreciative of all of the support.

I will do this and I will see you all at the finish line!  Disney here we come!


No comments:

Post a Comment