"While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about!"

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

It was simply a family, friend, fun weekend...

This will go down as one of my most favorite weekends from this summer a few simple reasons, it involved joyous celebrations, family time and time with great friends, memories with my babies and was topped off with a birthday celebration - that was long overdue.  

I was lucky enough to start off the weekend with a date with the hubby, it was on the golf course so that was a bonus.  I did not play golf well but that did not matter to me, it was time to be with my husband, have conversation that did not involve asking each other to help out with the children in any way, and it was a time that we both used to celebrate a big change in my career.  A huge thank you to Memaw Donna for hanging with the children while we had our date on the golf course! 

I am so very excited about a promotion which I received last week but had not yet had the time to sit down and truly process the feelings or thoughts.  I am so very honored that my boss has given me the chance to do this job and to work with an amazing team of people who work hard and support each other.  I know there is a lot of hard work ahead of myself and this team but I know we can do it!

Saturday was a chance for one on one time with Mallory and Caden, well okay two on one but close enough.  We ran a few errands and just had a fun time chatting, I cannot believe the little man Caden is becoming and the very proud big brother that he is around Mallory and Cale.  Our outing gave Cale and Maggie a chance to spend some time with daddy which again is a wonderful thing - time with our children.
We topped off Saturday by ANOTHER date night to attend the joyous reception celebration of the marriage of Ken and Lisa Marshall, some wonderful friends who were married earlier in the summer.  Their reception was casual and a ton of fun.  Lots of catching up with friends who we have not seen often enough this summer.  

Congratulations to the Marshall Family and thank you for a reason to get us all together!

No worries the children were off having their own fun with grandparents.   Caden of course went racing with Papaw Casey and Uncle Adam  - he got to walk on the track to see the cars which made his night.  The other three were catching up with Memaw Jo as she returned from her wonderful vacation!

And finally, Sunday, one of the hottest Reds games of the year but we went and we all had a good time and owe Memaw Jo and Papaw Frank a huge thank you for not only watching kids overnight but for hanging through the very hot game with us.  We had fun but man was it HOT.  But getting to see Aunt Debbie, Uncle Jimmy and Jacob was an added bonus to the outing.

We topped off Sunday with a long overdue birthday celebration for Memaw Jo!  Her birthday was way back on July 3rd but we had not had the chance to celebrate all of us together. 
Memaw Jo - we love you very much and you deserved a very happy birthday celebration. 
You are an amazing grandma, mom and mother in law.  I could not have asked for a better mother in law!  Most people are not lucky enough to get that package of a person in their life so I thank you, for not only your support of Matt and I at anytime but for being there for your grand kids.  Oh and they do enjoy their time with Memaw Jo!
Your support allows us to do what we do and to take these children to places we would never dream we could on our own.  So THANK YOU!  Thank you for everything, for always being there, almost always never saying no and for your continue love and support.  HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

To the Silver Shark - welcome home - I know your wife has missed you, I am sure you were shocked by her growing belly once again.  And know that each morning your biggest fan was watching you on the computer and no matter what says you win!  We are blessed that Scott and Megan could join our birthday celebration and that they are our good friends.

The evening was topped off with some backyard family fun - Haley, Adam, Natalie and Big Papaw - we cannot forget that you were there in the fun - and thank you for the help - now can someone come get the Frisbee off the roof so we can play again?    I love family nights and am so excited that we could all be together having fun.

Most people will tell me I am nuts that a weekend so full with so many things to do was a great one, but you know what - every step of the way I had family and friends with me creating memories which are a page in this book called my life.   I think the only thing missing was a Skye with my sister and her family - we miss you all and cannot wait to see you again.

This is my life, I do not slow down, yes I should, but you know what I say - maybe someday. 
Right now we are enjoying the ride and creating memories along the way!

No comments:

Post a Comment