"While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about!"

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Day One Down....

I tell myself it is life and you cannot always control what happens as I try to keep at bay all of the anxiety that will wash over me if I let it - daddy is out of town all week, the week during which is probably one of my busiest with work by far.  Each minute of the day I have to remember to think directly ahead to what I need to do next and do NOT let myself become overwhelmed with an entire week as I normally would. 

Day one of getting out the door with all 4 and getting to work on time - CHECK!

That is a chore, my hubby has done it for my travels before and now it is my turn to do so and support his career.  I don't mind but I truly think that my kids behave differently for mommy than they do for daddy.  Not to mention, I miss my husband.  I would never get through this week - or next - without the support of our families so thank you again for all that you are doing.  The kids, they are hanging in there.  Maggie is quite sad that her daddy is gone but she is helping out and being a great big sister.  Caden is "in CHARGE" per daddy's directions and helping out nicely.  He even help Memaw Donna unload the car after dance last night.  Cale and Mallory - well they are fighting for mommy's attention but we did enjoy our impromptu dance party last night and they did not fight getting ready this morning.

I know that this is nothing new to our routine but the weight of being the one parent which they will rely on all week can be overwhelming, especially when I know I have to be at work on time everyday to attend my meetings.  However, since I have some pretty awesome kids I am sure they will be good and have only a few melt downs. 
What this really means is that I have to keep a level head, do not worry about what I cannot control and remember to breathe! 
Lastly, it means I am so looking forward to a good time with great friends, a few ponies, drinks and bets on Friday! 

Hurry home Matthew, we miss you but I know we can do this - just 3 more mornings to go - oh yeah then next week too - oh well I will cross that bridge when we get there.

Here is to a great week for all and safe travels for Matthew!

No comments:

Post a Comment