"While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about!"

Monday, February 6, 2012

Cale's First Hair Cut

Okay so it really was not a cut it was more of a trim but the fact is he looks stinking cute with the curls and longer hair so let's just get over that he will have longer hair for as long as he can. 

January 19th was my normal appointment with the fabulous Miss Cherie, Caden and Maggie had theirs scheduled and I thought why not give Cale a little trim too to show daddy I would do it.  (Photo disclosure - this process is about Cale not me and the color on my hair at the time but he is the 2nd son that has had his hair cut while on mommy's lap and she with color in her hair)

Me not agreeing to cut Cale's hair has been a topic of discussion since November - he has been called a girl at least twice - and I did call Cherie to cut it one day but she just so happened to not be working that one Saturday!  Matt really did not believe I would do it but I must say that now I think he agrees with going to a trim instead of a cut - when he looked at Cale's scar this weekend, the one from the Christmas Day incident, his comment was, "guess he will need longer hair to hide that scar forever, huh?"



The before - not really sure what is going on





Time to trim the curls, I wasn't breathing
I can tell you I was nervous, ask Cherie, she was the one holding the scissors but I was the one holding my breath to make sure that she didn't cut too much off!  She did great and I have one cute little son, okay so he was cute before but now his hair is handsome and has some direction to it!

I think Cherie was testing to see if she got enough and to make sure it didn't tuck behind the ear!



All done and handsome as usual - with CURLS!

And I have to thank Cherie, she has cut 3 out of the 4 kids so far and Mallory will be about12 months before she needs a haircut but she will be there one day. 
My kids truly believe that Cherie is the only who can cut their hair and our diva Maggie LOVES to go see Miss Cherie! 
Thanks for being not only a wonderful hairdresser but a patient and awesome friend!  

A huge thank you to Kate and Aunt Haley, gals you were wonderful photographers!

To my Cale man, you look absolutely handsome and I am glad that one kid has my curls, even if it is one of the boys.  As for the scar, it is a part of you and a story to tell your future children. 
Embrace it and use the longer haircut for as long as you would like! 
We Love You, scar and long hair in all!

No comments:

Post a Comment