"While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about!"

Saturday, December 8, 2012

Where did my babies go?

This has been my question over the last 4-6 weeks, Where did my babies go?  Mallory will tell me, "they growed up" and she is 100% right. 

I am not the only one to notice this change, my parents, Aunt Haley, Aunt Philly, they have all said they too have noticed this changed.  In fact it was November 29th at Haley's birthday dinner when she asked Mallory, "when did you start speaking in full sentences?"  Mallory's reply, "I do not know" which she uses quite often. 

Here are the things we have all witnessed:
  • No more babies in their cheeks - their faces are changing
  • Full spoken sentences - very little jibberish anymore
  • More independence - they want to do everything on their own
  • "Adult" conversations with each other - I LOVE listening to these when they are going down for a nap and on the way to school.
  • "What is this," which is Cale's favorite saying right now. More interest in asking the questions of what everything is and you see their brains soaking in the learning
  • There is no longer a need for any clothing that is a onesie, in fact we are moving into potty training, not yet successful but we are working on it
  • "I Pick"  They want to choose their clothes and dress themselves, which at times results in a red skirt and purple shirt or self proclaimed "Jammie Day" at school but it really is not wroth the argument and I think it is great to watch their preferences come out. 
  • They want to do what their big brother and sister are doing, and whether they are successful in accomplishing that task or not they still work very hard to do what they are doing, good and bad!
So my babies are growing up, I knew this day was coming, I think the last of my first haircuts really started this but the truth is I have been in denial. 
I have known full blown toddler hood was around the corner, we have been purging baby equipment out of our house for a while, but I still have not been ready.  This is not to say that I am not enjoying our new stage in our lives, I am just a bit sad that the baby days are gone.  Which means a BIG shout out to my sister and brother in law for deciding to have another baby to snuggle, thanks Myles for putting up with my over loving.  And another BIG shout out to Haley and Adam for also deciding it was time for another baby - we cannot wait to meet Miss Scarlett and snuggle her!  These babies will be spoiled by Aunt Trina because I just was not full ready for the baby stage to end. 

To Mallory and Cale, I love you two, you are truly unique little people who are growing and learning each day.  Keep doing what you are doing and know that I am proud of every accomplishment you achieve and even when you learn from the failure, I could not be more proud because you tried.  And to the rest of my family who is having new babies - call me when you need a break, I can always use an infant or little one to love!


No comments:

Post a Comment