"While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about!"

Monday, April 15, 2013

Bring a friend to class week

Each year at dance Maggie gets the chance to bring a friend to a class to join in the fun.  She has taken her cousin Natalie the last two year and she wanted her to go again this year but we could not get the schedules to work so guess who got to go?  Miss Mallory, that is right big sister took her little sister and I do not know who was more excited, Mallory, Memaw Donna or me! 

We got ready on Sunday evening and made sure that Mallory could wear a leotard and tights just like sissy.  We found a pair of Maggie's old tap shoes and packed her back pack. 
Needless to say they had a GREAT time at dance.  Maggie was very proud of Mallory following along and doing everything she needed to, Mallory was very proud of herself for being a big girl in dance. 

My girls at dance all ready to go!
Mallory was so excited that she would not change her outfit until Mommy came home that evening and she could show me how she looked and tell me about her night at dance.  She even showed me some of the dance moves she learned.  I think come August I am going to have to figure out how to spend 2 hours at the dance studio a week! Oh boy!

I love these little girls and their sisterly bond is coming along nicely.  Just seeing this photo today, one week later than the actual day makes me cry because I am proud to be their mom and proud that we can give them these opportunities in life, our village is strong.  They make me smile and I love their little smiles.  Oh girls, you have so much to give this world and I am so grateful that I get to be your mommy!  Keep on dancing my little ladies, keep on dancing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment