"While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about!"

Wednesday, July 31, 2013

The time has come...

Well the time has come.  Registration is complete, doctors visits are done, the supplies are bought and time has won.  My babies are off to kindergarten tomorrow and this momma is so full of mixed emotions I cannot stand it.

We have delivered our supplies, met our teacher and some new friends, made sure we know where to go, saw where we will eat, lunches are packed, papers are complete, back packs are ready and my babies are asleep.  But yet I sit here and just remember the day we brought them home, Maggie first at 4lbs. then Caden 9 days later, she tells him all the time he had to stay in the hospital while she got to come home, but I am off topic. 

Our biggest decisions and questions tonight:
Maggie:
  • "what time do I have to get up?" She wants to go but wants to sleep in as well. 
  • Choosing the outfit, pretty easy decision, she amazingly went with my pick, nothing fancy.  She has requested a bow in her hair though to make her cute (her words not mine)!
  • Lunch choice: packing with turkey roll ups, applesauce, granola bar, fruit snack and she will buy milk, but really wants chocolate milk.
Caden:
  • Do we take his blanket or leave it?  His questions, "do we take naps?" yes son you rest.  "does it look like a baby?" how about we hide it just in case you get nervous.  His decision we will hide it in the secret pocket in his backpack just in case, but only one not two like we usually carry.
  • Lunch choice: packing with dinosaurs spaghetti to go in his thermos, applesauce, pretzel crisps, fruit snacks and he will buy milk, but doesn't know what to do yet.  I reassured him they will help him out tomorrow.
  • Outfit, he is a boy and doesn't really care
After bathes I caught Maggie singing a song about starting school and kindergarten, she is so excited.  Caden packed the most healthiest lunch I have seen him choose in a long time, we will see if he eats it but it's a start.  He cannot wait to see his friends.  I did see a little worry in his face tonight but overall he is super excited.

Me? How do I feel?  Well I am proud of them, they are smart little people who have learned a ton over the last couple of years.  Sad they are growing up too fast, I want time to slow down.  Tired from a long week of work. Excited because we have made it this far into their lives and we are all still standing and love each other more everyday.  Worried, wondering if they will be okay in that big school, relieved that their teacher seems great and they are with Mrs. Albright, she will make sure they are fine. 
I am excited to hear about their day once it is over, I know they will be fine and will have fun and do great, after all they are pretty amazing little people but I still cannot help to wonder.

How are Cale and Mallory feeling about being at school by themselves?  Well excited to move downstairs to the big kids classroom.  However, Mallory did say she will miss them and wants to go "hang out" at their new school!

We have to thank Ms. Lauren, she has helped them to be prepared for this day in more ways than we can count and has done an amazing job with them all.  She has loved my kids and I am not sure who is more sad for the day to come, her, us or Maggie.  Doodle wants Ms. Lauren to go to kindergarten with her! 
Thank you Lauren for being a HUGE part of their lives over the last couple of years and helping them to be ready for this first big day.

I am okay, tomorrow is a new day, a new chapter in our ongoing lives.  An exciting chapter!  One that I was not sure would ever get here when I was very pregnant on a hot August Day what seems like forever ago!

Caden and Maggie, I love you.  I am excited for you, I am proud of you, I will be thinking about you and I cannot wait to hear how your day went!

Go get'em kiddos!

No comments:

Post a Comment