"While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about!"

Wednesday, October 1, 2014

The 1st day of 1st Grade!

Well this post should be dated July 31st but whatever, July or October it still doesn't change that the first day of school was great and I was so happy to be there and able to take them to school. 

We were excited, 1st grade, separate classrooms, new teachers, new friends, new worries so much to look forward to, so many questions.  Needless to say we all were excited and nervous for what the year would bring.

These two crack me up and are so different in how they approach life.  I love them to pieces and could not be more proud of them and who they are becoming.

 
We are blessed with amazing teachers.  Caden has Mrs. Fox and Maggie has Mrs. Sampson.  While they did not end up in the class or with the friends they wanted they are both excited after we had meet your teacher night.  It amazes me how that 30 minute session allows them to get to know so much.  We are grateful that Memaw Jo was able to go with us as Daddy was out of town.
 
 

 
 
This photo says so much about each of their personalities!
 
photo courtesy of Cale!
 
My babies and I!
 
Waiting to go into our class
 Right after I took this picture of Caden, his class filed out of the gym, I was waiting for Maggie's class then I was heading to their rooms too.  I happened to just walk into the hallway when I saw Caden turn around to look for me, his eyes said it all.  This was his first adventure without his twin and he needed to know I was still there.  He was fine once we hit his classroom but this was a big step for my cautious child!
 


My littles and I just had to have some donuts after we dropped off the bigs and enjoyed some time the three of us.  These two are crazy and I cannot believe they are in Pre K - they have a few more weeks before they being classes but they cannot wait.

Overall, this day was awesome, we all made new strides and are learning new things. 
First grade is awesome and I fully believe these two will rock it! 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment