"While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about!"

Friday, June 19, 2015

A sweet moment with my big girl


95% of my mornings when Matt is not traveling I take Mallory and only Mallory to school.  It started a while ago and has been that way.  Just the two of us out the door and starting our day. Some days we chat, some days she sleeps, some days we call Memaw Donna and some days we just listen to the radio.  Every once in a blue moon either Maggie or Cale will join us, but that is rare and Caden is almost never with us.  It's usually Mal Mal and momma.

The other morning I was trying to get to work early to get caught up on a few things.  I was getting ready to walk out the door and Maggie came bounding down the stairs and asked if I could take her to school.  My first instinct was to say no and that I was in a hurry but something stopped me and I said sure we just needed to get moving.  I am so glad my inner momma voice was talking and listening, it was a great few minutes together just us.  We had some great conversations and I realized just how much she is growing up.  We even took time to make her some hot chocolate since momma had her coffee.  It was only a total of 20 minutes but it was 20 minutes where I reconnected with my spunky little 7 year old who lives life fully.

I am so grateful I had that morning.  So much is going on in her little life and had I not said yes to taking her to school that morning I may have not known.  She reminded me that work can wait and slowing down some days and getting in the office at 7:00 AM vs. 6:30 AM on a Friday is okay because it means I got to connect with my family.

Maggie Lynne, I am grateful for you and so happy we had this morning.   You were a joy and made my day.  You brought me a perspective that morning that I did not know I needed.

I love you and look forward to many more mornings of coffee, hot chocolate and chatting.



No comments:

Post a Comment