"While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about!"

Monday, October 12, 2015

Back to School 2015 - KINDERGARTEN and 2nd Grade here they come!

I am rolling back my blog to August 5th 2015, the first day of school, Mallory and Cale's first day of Kindergarten and Maggie and Caden's first day of 2nd grade!

It's here the first day of school, I think momma is more nervous than the kids!  Although Maggie is very nervous it is more so about the change in friends in her class and that 2nd grade you do more on your own.  We have our supplies there, Cale got a MAJOR haircut, our back packs are ready, we know we are riding the bus from home and to daycare, and there was nothing left to do but go!

So off they went, not without the pictures mom had to take of course, this is just a small piece of what I actually have.  Everyone picked their own outfits out and had the nerves and excitement that comes with anything new.

We are blessed once again with amazing teachers.  Cale and Mallory have Mrs. Chipman and are part of the Monkeys class.  Maggie has Mrs. Marshall who is awesome and like family to us. Caden has Mr. Seymour who he actually wanted in 1st grade and cannot wait to wear his Purdue gear to school because Mr. Seymore went to IU!

In the end, Mallory and Cale are ready, I am not. I am not ready to let go of the innocent babies they are to me.  I know now that this is the year of independence because they learn so much during this year of Kindergarten.  Things change, they won't need me as much anymore and that makes me sad.  They are growing up and becoming their own people, who are pretty amazing if you ask me.

I held it together, until I left them in their classroom which I didn't want to do.  I know they are in great hands but they are my last two to go to Kindergarten so it was a big step for me.  I did take the day off and did what I wanted when Caden and Maggie went to Kindergarten, enjoyed a lunch with my hubby and then a nap then picked them up to see the excitement of the day from them all.

It was a great day and they are doing awesome in school.  We are all learning so much and each day is something new but that's okay because that is what we do - we learn and grow.

To my babies, I am so proud of you all.  
Each one of you is your own being and making your way into who you will become.  
To their teachers, thank you for taking care of them and helping them to write the pages of their lives!  Here's to the school year 2015-2016!

Excited and ready!


Our little Monkeys

Mallory Lynne

Maggie Lynne

Cale Joseph

Caden Joseph

Mallory and Brooklyn - her new friend!



No comments:

Post a Comment