"While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about!"

Thursday, May 5, 2011

The teachers who inspired me

As this week is teacher appreciation week and I was trying to think of something to do for all of the wonderful ladies at Youthland Academy for care for my babies everyday, I started thinking about all  of the wonderful teachers I had and who had an impact on my life.

I can honestly say that I don't think I ever had a "bad" teacher and that every single one of them holds a special memory for me.  I can tell you who all of my elementary teachers were and why I remember them.  There are the middle school teachers who, god love their soul are brave people for teaching that age.  There are the high school teachers who drove me to work harder and helped guide me through some really hard lessons in life.  There are the college professors who changed my life and are the reason I have the career I do. 

Every single one of them brought out something in my life that made me realize I can do more than I think, I can learn more than I thought I could and that I may fail at something but as long as you try again and learn a lesson from your failure it is okay.

These are the people who guided me along the way and who helped shape me into the person I am today.  From Mrs. Lyness in second grade to Mrs. Scheiring in middle school - they helped me learn and grow a ton!  I remember those that have passed, Mrs. Walsman - she was brave leading our crazy group through Europe - and sadly missed each day! I remember those I spent A LOT of time with, Mr. Tackett with drivers ed and softball, as well as Mr. Roth. Mrs. Woolery with Senior English class, for letting us go outside to enjoy a wonderful snowfall one day during class and my first college course that passed me through Freshman English at IU.  Mr. Crabill for showing me I can learn a subject I didn't think I could handle and LOVE it!  Dr. Williams, while she was never my professor in a class her guidance with SRA and providing the direction that I needed to begin my career is something I can never thank her enough for.

Teachers are amazing people and it takes a special person to do what they do every day.  I have had the  privilege to see my sister with her class and they love her!  She is wonderful with her students and she cares so much for them!    I have friends and family who are wonderful teachers and do so much for all of their students.  You are a special mold of people and never given enough credit.

So to all of those teachers out there, you don't hear it enough, but THANK YOU for all that you do for your students and parents! 
I hope you know that somewhere along the way you are making a difference in some one's life! 

To all of my past teachers I thank you all! 
I cannot list you all as it would take book, but you each have touched my life more than  you will ever know!
Happy Teacher Appreciation Week!

No comments:

Post a Comment