"While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about!"

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Mommy and Me Dance Day - a great start to Mother's Day

I had a wonderful Mother's Day - I did not get my blog updated but I am determined to go back now and record a few important things.  After all, I enjoy a birthday WEEK so why not a Mommy MONTH???

My Mother's Day started with Bring Mommy to Dance Day with Maggie.  I sort of knew what to expect as daddy got to go to dance a few months ago but mommy's got to wear tutu's and we were given gifts so I definitely felt special.

We started with stretching, Maggie had taught me her stretches the week before so I was well prepared for the routine.  It truly amazes me that Ms. Laura can get a classroom full of 3 and 4 year old girls to sit and stretch and that their "making the pizza" stretches work!  We then were given our tutu's and started to dance.

Maggie is doing well in dance and learning a lot, after all she was 2 when she started and definitely is the youngest in her class.  She is the tiniest in size too but she just LOVES it and she really has come a long way in her learning's of dance. 

They are working on their routine for their recital which is just a few short weeks away.  Tiny Cinderellas will take the stage for the "babies" as they are called at the studio because they are the youngest but the sweetest
They all try hard and I can't wait to see if she actually makes it out on the stage to perform.  I have low expectations but deep down I really hope she at least makes it on stage for a little bit.

This date with Maggie came at a much needed time to remind me what is truly important in our lives.  Spending just a few hours with her doing what she loves reminded me that it isn't about the hustle and bustle of life, it is about spending quality time with those that we love and creating wonderful memories.  I cherish my one on one time with my children and know how important our special dates are as they are all growing and changing before my eyes.

It was just a great night.
Yes I wore a tutu, I learned a few ballet moves, I received a beautiful gift that my Maggie made, and I was rejuvenated for my family after my dance class. 
Thank you Maggie for being my tiny dancer and showing me once again the joy in life.

Making Pizza with mac and cheese!

Working on our routine
 
Showing off my newly learned moves
 
Maggie and her Dance Friends Singing to the Mommy's

And a special thank you to Donna, Savannah's grandma for the photos! 
It is great to live in a small world so that these could be shared!

No comments:

Post a Comment