"While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about!"

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

The Cale Man is walking!

On Thursday of last week Cale took his first step unassisted!  It started with two steps in the morning.  I handed him off to Miss Jes, he wanted down so she set him down and he took two steps to get to the shelf of toys.
He had a big day because they got to go to Busy City for the first time and there he took two more steps! Miss Courtney was so excited to tell me about his walking when I got there to pick him up. 
All in all it wasn’t much but 6 unassisted steps in the day have led to a few more each day. 
Both he and Mallory want to walk into school now (we have to start leaving 10 minutes earlier for me to make it to work on time) but who can take away the moments of them learning to walk and becoming even more independent little creatures? 
Cale is so proud of himself after he takes those steps.  The high fives have been flying.  He is still the world’s fastest crawler but he is sure learning to ropes of walking.

I have said it probably a million times in the last year, I cannot believe how fast my kids are growing! 
While I sit here tonight listening to them play with their cousin, I just smile, life is good, and my kids are happy and healthy and family is absolutely the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment