"While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about!"

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Just fitting for me today....

I am not one who will steal someone's facebook post and copy to my own but today I saw this from a friend who has a house full of girls and I just love it and it is very fitting as we prepare to host the family tonight for a little pre-Thanksgiving fun.

Dirty dishes prove I feed my family. Full trash can means I clean up after them. Messy floors mean I let my children have fun. Pile of unfolded laundry means I keep my family in clean clothes. Wet bathroom means my kids took a bath!

So the next time you walk into my house and see a "mess", please think twice before you judge. If you come over to see us, come on in...if you're coming over to see my house please make an appointment. Keep this going if you're a busy parent!


So fitting for me right now as I sit 37 miles from home and think of all of the things I would like to be doing around my house so that it isn't a complete disaster when the McCool cousins arrive but you know what, I am going to sit here and enjoy my hummus lunch and my little blog session and REMEMBER TO BREATHE!  They are family for a reason and they know that fun awaits so I think they can overlook the mess of toys, the dust that I will not get to even in 3 weeks and the laundry that is NEVER complete. 

Thank you to Mary for sharing - it is one of my favorite posts ever! 

I hope you all feel the same way and get to enjoy your family and friends this Thanksgiving after all, it is what I am thankful for and I sure will - the dishes can wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment