"While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about!"

Monday, November 28, 2011

Today is the day our lives changed forever

4 years ago today - almost to the hour - our lives changed forever as Caden and Maggie entered the world.  Okay really our lives changed back on April 16, 2007 when we implanted two embryos who both decided they wanted to be part of our family but nothing prepared us for the day when we would become parents to these two little people.

Caden and Maggie entered the world at 10:38 and 10:39 PM on November 28, 2007 and our worlds changed for the better.
As I have said before we waited so long to become parents and to finally be able to see the babies I carried for 34 weeks was amazing.  I would love to say that holding you both was the best part but Caden, I didn't get to hold you for a  few days as you need some support in the NICU.  I did get to give you a kiss as the wonderful doctors took you out to get you going on your life.  Maggie, I was only able to hold you for a short time before you too needed the attention of the NICU doctors, fortunately for mommy you were there less than 16 hours so I got to have one baby with me at all times.  After all, we went through so much to finally have you I didn't want to let you two out of my sight.

I have to truly thank our support system who made you possible, from the family and friends who were there through the hard times of trying and then the support of finally turning to IVF, to Dr. Scheiber and the nurses, to Dr. Gardner - really all of the doctors at the practice - who made sure I was doing everything right to keep you safe and to finally Dr. Johnson who delivered you into this world and all of the nurses (including Aunt Nicole) and doctors at Good Sam who cared for you once you were here.  To our family and friends who provided support from day one of your lives and who continue to provide support after 4 years - I thank you - each and every one of you have made an impact in their lives and are making them better people for what you do.  They say it takes a village to raise children and that is for sure - our village is wonderful and I could not imagine not having you all in our lives.

Caden Joseph, you are growing into a young man.  You are so straight forward with what you think and say.  You have a big imagination and  you care about everyone and worry about everything.  You love deeply and you have passion for life and the things you enjoy.  You love to cuddle, you love your blanket and you continue to amaze me each day with what you know.

Maggie Lynne, you are blooming into such a beautiful little lady.  You have so much passion and love for many things but mainly life in general.  You remember everything.  You are smart and continue to amaze us each and every day.  You are tiny but love big.  You love your family and have endless energy.  You have an amazing imagination and can enter many worlds in one sitting.  You are sweet and kind.  You cannot wait to be 5 but please let's just be 4 for 364 more days.

You are two individual people who can be the best of friends or the worst of enemies but no matter what I know you love each other and could not have a better twin.  You miss each other when you are not together and would do anything to cheer the other when they are down.

Daddy and I are proud of who you are becoming.  I cannot believe it has been 4 years but it has been an amazing 4 years and I am looking forward to what the next 4 years will bring.

We love you and wish you the happiest of birthdays!




You chose a rainbow for your cupcakes and we made and decorated them!

You also picked an ice cream cake!

Making birthday wishes!
 
Birthday Surprises Bring Smiles!

Driving at 4!
 You had a ball for your birthday, from picking and making your cupcake treats to playing hard at Jump In, I think it is safe to say that it was a successful 4th birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment