"While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about!"

Thursday, June 6, 2013

My Doodle is Growing Up!

I have really seen Maggie growing up and becoming a little lady lately. 

She is using her manners like never before, she will help out without being asked, she is paying attention to her brothers and sister more and just overall being a really sweet girl.  I am not sure what is happening but I love what I see and she is just turning into this outgoing little lady right before our eyes.

Last night, I was picking up the house and putting away laundry when I walked into her room she was making her bed, I have never made her make her bed like that - GASP I know yes she has never made her bed - but she had it all nicely folded down and her bear in her bed just waiting for her to climb in. 

This morning, I hear a noise as I was getting the little kids rounded up out of bed so I go to check on Maggie and find she is awake, once again making her bed, getting dressed putting a bow in her hair and brushing her teeth.  She said to Matt, "Daddy, I got up, I made my own bed and I am not grumpy!"  Just ask Matt or Ms. Lauren about Monday Morning Maggie - she is GRUMPY!

Tonight I was out for a walk and came home to an extremely quiet house.  Matt comes down stairs and says we just hit a home run.   Maggie said to him, "Daddy, the babies are bothering me and I am tired, I am going to bed."  She put on her pajamas, climbed in bed and was out!  Oh if they all were so easy, as I write this the little two are getting a lecture from Daddy for not sleeping yet and continuing to get out of their beds. 

Sleeping peacefully


Her imagination and creativity amaze me on a daily basis.  She is a crafty little thing and is always drawing, coloring, playing something that only she can see or hear and she is learning to spell!
The other day this was in her folder when I picked her up from school.  On first look I had no idea what it was.  I did not open it or ask her what it was, it was common throw it all on a pile and deal with it later night.



The following morning I took Maggie into school where Ms. Lauren asked me if I had seen the computers Maggie made out of some envelopes I had taken for them to use at school (thank you Aunt Betty, the paper and envelopes have been a HUGE hit).  It then dawned on me that is what I had picked up with something hanging off of it!  Ms. Lauren said she did this all by herself and was cranking out a bunch that day for all of her friends.  Sure enough in her cubby were pieces for 4 other computers she was working on and said she would finish during centers.  AMAZING - I had no idea what a computer was at her age and here she is using what is around her to make on out of paper! 


I love my miny me so much.  She makes me proud to be her momma and she fills each day with new and exciting things.  She lives life to the fullest and is always dancing her way into people's lives. 

I love you Maggie Doodle, keep doing what you are doing and you will go far in this world! 

No comments:

Post a Comment