"While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about!"

Friday, June 28, 2013

Holy Crap What Did I Just Do?!?!??!!?

I think I just had a minute of insanity or someone else just took over my body.

I just registered for the Disney Princess Half Marathon on February 23, 2014.  Yes, I know registering is only half of the battle but hey that is more than I would have done if I was sane today.

Those of you who know me know I am not a runner.  Why do this?  Two year ago I saw gals who were running this race and staying at our resort.  While there - Mallory and Cale were just about 18 months and I was jealous of these gals who did this run, I thought why can't I do that?  I was super jealous of the gals walking around Disney wearing the medals proudly.  I mentally made a commitment to myself to one day do this and to just finish the race, say I did it, hit some accomplishments for me that is my goal.

Well 2013 has come and gone - I did not do the half marathon so guess what - I am in for 2014 which maybe our last February Florida vacation anyways!  And I would have never done this without my friend Carmen committing to run this race as well.  It starts at 5:30 AM so I am back and in the pool for the rest of the day with the family, nothing better than that.

I may die trying but I will not let my girls down, they are going to be so excited for mommy to run the Princess run in a tutu.  My goal = to finish!  My motivation = my kids, my hubby and doing something for myself - yes a half marathon is on my bucket list for some crazy reason, not just any run the Princess Run!

Oh my what did I get myself into?  How in the world will this gal, who is not a runner, do this?  I don't know but I have 236 days to figure it out!

Happy Friday and Happy Running!

1 comment:

  1. You go, Trina! I'm so proud of you and all that you have already accomplished! I know you will also put the check mark next to this goal. Love you!

    ReplyDelete