"While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about!"

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

A boy and his cars

Caden has an obsession with cars, race cars specifically, he loves playing for hours with his cars.  A few weeks ago when I came downstairs one morning I noticed that he had lined up his cars the night before when he was done playing.  I knew he did this quite often but I had never stopped to check out what formation they were in or notice if the formation changes each day.  So over the last couple of weeks I have snapped photos of his cars and how they are "put to bed" each night. 

March 30th

March 31st

April 3rd

April 13th  - the garage is now in play

April 18th - the CRASH!

I cannot tell you how much I love this kid and his passion for cars!  I LOVE that he can come up with a new formation everyday, I love that no two are ever alike, I love that he picks only certain cars to include in his play.  I just smile every morning and keep taking these photos!  He truly could sit and play with his cars for hours, he is very protective of them. Should he need to leave the room he will place his blanket or a pillow over the cars so that Cale cannot get to them.  No he does not share with his little brother too well with these, however, we have plenty other cars for Cale to use - and copy his big brother he does.  The boys may not look alike nor act a lot alike but they have similar personalities when it comes to cars and LOVE to line up their cars for the big race!

One day Cale was lucky enough to get to Caden's cars and here is what I found after he had walked away - just a little scary that a 22 month old would think like this too!

Cale's version! April 9th
Caden Joe - mommy loves you and your passion - don't ever lose it! 
I cannot wait to continue to watch it grow along with you! 
You continue to amaze me everyday with what you remember and what you know. 
I love you buddy!

1 comment:

  1. Trina -- what an awesome subject to write about -- I love it! It is so cool. Kudos to you for noticing the different designs he makes and capturing them with photos -- you are such a super mom! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete