"While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about!"

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Our time together is a precious, precious gift!

Why does it seem that a tragedy has to occur to remind us that God has given us a very precious gift of time with our loved ones?  We often let the stress of daily life weigh on us and interfere with our time with our family and friends.  While I try very hard to enjoy everyday with those I love I am still guilty of letting the everyday stress ruin times with those I love.  But I am making more of an effort to cherish each and every moment no matter how hard they are or how tough it maybe in our lives and our quest to raise these 4 children.

Two weeks ago a friend lost her 4 year old boy in an accident and because of the tragedy I cannot stop thinking of her and the pain their family is going through right now. 
I just cannot even imagine.  Not only has she and her husband lost a son but his siblings have lost a brother and more than that a twin.  There is so much pain they will go through and I am just praying for them all that they can find strength to move forward but remember their time with Aiden. 

So as we headed out for vacation I made a promise to myself and my kids (reinforced my "to do" list really) to spend as much one on one time with my children that I could.  And I am so glad that I did because I learned a lot from them.  My children are changing and growing each day.  Our week together without work, school, dance and a million other things was great, even with the illness that we fought.  Yes it was hard having sick kids while on vacation but the weather was great, the family was together and we made memories, we smiled and we laughed. 

I love my children more than anything, I love my husband more than anything and I love our life and cannot see a picture without them in it.  I love my extended family and group of friends who are always there when I need  them.  I know it is a precious gift which we are blessed with and that it can end way too soon.  I am just trying to make the most of every minute and remember what is truly important. 

So as I post this tonight I have to go and give my kids a big kiss and hug.  I would do the same with Matthew but he is bowling!
I need to thank God for my gifts that I am blessed to experience every single day. 
Our best picture of the 4 kids on vacation!

1 comment: