"While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about!"

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

We survived, now we adjust!

So we survived the babies first day at daycare or as I like to say "school".  Something about calling it school vs. daycare that just makes me feel better, and really they are learning and interacting just like school so I am going to go with it!

They were the hit of the daycare and even Caden and Maggie's teacher was visiting with them when we arrived to pick them up.  They did OK - not great but OK and never seemed to mind that they were in a new environment socially.  They did not nap well, we will adjust, but it sure showed last night.  However, this morning they were up, got ready to go and once they were in their class they were playing with all of their new friends in a matter of minutes. 

So we survived the start of this big change and we are adjusting.  Everything is adjusting: routines, schedules, and feelings.  I do feel a bit bad for Caden and Maggie because as much as they love the fact that their brother and sister are at school with them, that takes away their time with mommy or daddy only dropping off and picking up.  They probably don't mind and are being awesome with our adjustment but it is a thought that is weighing on my mind! 

My checkbook hurts from the check I had to write but since Matt and I are going to both keep working we are just thankful that we can find care that we trust to protect our babies and give them a safe and loving environment everyday.  And again, we will adjust to the extra expense too.

I am thankful though, that we didn't have to put them in daycare until now.  We have been very lucky to have loved ones, friends and neighbors care for them up until this point.  I thank you all you have helped us out.  It was truly a blessing that I can never forget.

For now I am waiting for the big moment of when they start crawling while at school and we are told by their teacher - I know it is just a matter or time as they see all the other children doing it!   They are growing up way too fast.

Surviving and adjusting, that is the life of a parent, especially a parent with two sets of twins 3 and under, we have to be flexible! 
We do what we have to do to care for our families and make sure they are getting what they need. 
Heck I even cooked Matt a good dinner on Monday and dinner tonight is all ready to be put in the oven when we get home!  He maybe the one to really like our new routine.

Here is to being able to surviving and adjusting to whatever comes our way!

No comments:

Post a Comment