"While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about!"

Thursday, March 3, 2011

An update of the kid's developments!

So much has happened or been brought to my attention with my week off work I thought it was important to document all of the new things that they kids are doing....

Cale: let's do the baby first, he is now cutting and very close to breaking free his two front teeth, these will be number 3 and 4.  I swear you would never know this kid is teething unless you see them.  He definitely has a high tolerance for pain.  He started sitting up unassisted on February 12th, thank you Aunt Haley for discovering he could do this finally and not flop over every 3 seconds.  We were hosting family game night, she simply set him in front of a toy to play and there he sat! And most recently he has made his momma very happy by rattling off "ma ma ma" and talking up a storm!


 Mallory:  Well she is becoming a little diva!  She has learned to shake her head no, pat her head and stick her hand on her hip in a tantrum.  She too is teething the top two teeth but hers are not quite as close to coming as Cale's.  She is still a fan of dada but reaches for mommy most of the time.  She is a very chatty little thing and loves playing with her zoo!  Mallory was sitting on her own starting Thursday January 13th.  She will almost never lay down anymore - see her photo!  Rebelling in her seat!  I think Matthew and I will definitely have our hands full with this child.


 Maggie: Well Maggie is Maggie, she is forever changing outfits and playing dress up and she definitely has a mind of her own.  She recently found a whole new stash of dress up clothes, the clothes that Erica and I used to play with.  She is wearing our outfits from baton and dresses that we wore as flower girls.  Her princess dresses are still her favorite but her new thing is to have shoes on all the time!  See below - wearing her heels while lounging in the mail bin we had after vacation!
Caden: My oldest and the one who is definitely maturing the fastest.  He has added some new words to his vocabulary, "quite, okie dokie, and just a few minutes".  Quite, "I can quite see it mommy" "okie dokie" for about anything that he wants to say yes to now and "Just a few minutes" when he has taken toys from siblings he will say "well I just want to see it for a few minutes"  He was a champ on the putt putt course on vacation and amazed us all on how well behaved he was while playing.  Still not going on the potty and we have a lot of work to do after getting sick on vacation but we will get there, in his time!
 
My boys!  Caden and his famous face



The babies on 2-24-11 the day they turned 8 months!

The toddlers, finally feeling better on vacation!

Mallory and Cale playing with the zoo!
That is our update, I know I am way behind on getting all of my thoughts out here but they are in my brain and I promise to catch up. 

I love these photos and the smiles and memories that are here. 
The reality is my babies - all 4 of them - are growing and getting big way too fast! 
Where in the world is that pause button on life? 

No comments:

Post a Comment