"While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about!"

Monday, March 7, 2011

Things I learned on our vacation!

It truly is amazing what you can pick up on when you spend a 17 hour drive, week straight, and a 2 day drive home with your family! 

Here are a few things I learned while on our family vacation (in no particular order):
  • That I have to go back to Atlanta to visit the gone with the wind museum and take the tour.  For my future reference exit 228 off 75
  • You see so much more when you drive somewhere even though flying is a faster way to get to where you are going
  • It really is amazing what people will put on a billboard
  • You can survive a 17 hour car ride with 4 children
  • Georgia is one VERY long state but it sure is beautiful
  • Vanilla zingers and coffee = Equal yummy especially at 2:00 AM
  • Having a sick kid or 3 on vacation is no fun
  • Cale and Mallory LOVED the pool and the beach! YEAH
  • Maggie has one of the best imaginations ever (well I knew that) and I got to see and play full force with her during this week
  • Caden loves shopping and will be very well behaved when there is shopping for him to come
  • We are a freak show when we go out, I cannot tell you how many times I had to tell people that yes I have two sets of twins
  • Our mini van is not big enough for us - we need a conversion van!
  • If Putt Putt golf were a professional sport Caden would be a sure win as a pro!  He did great! 
  • Watching a shuttle launch is really cool - sitting in traffic for 4.5 hours to get back to Orlando - not so cool but we survived and were a part of history - even if we only saw 20 seconds of the shuttle launch
  • Matthew now enjoys the beach (well a little bit) since his kids want to build sand castles with him - THANK YOU Toddlers!  Mommy loves the beach - daddy not so much
  • We will never again do the drive home during the day - always hang out at the pool until evening and wear them kids out so they sleep 90% of the trip home
  • We are VERY grateful to Memaw Jo, Papaw Frank, Big Papaw and Shirley for their help and company while on vacation
  • FAMILY VACATIONS ARE THE BEST!
We had a great time, I truly enjoyed just spending our time together with everyone.  I am already looking forward to our next family vacation.  Yes I maybe crazy but something about the memories which are created, I just cannot stop!

Loving the sand!  Look at those chubby leg on Mallory!
Caden and Daddy building a sand castle
This is the life
Miss Maggie enjoying the sand castle
The toddlers - after they are feeling better!
My boys enjoying the beach
Maggie trying to make the best of the nice weather while under the weather
Pickles - enjoying the sun
My babies!


No comments:

Post a Comment