"While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about!"

Monday, March 28, 2011

They are HER babies!

My Maggie may just be a mom in training. She just LOVES the babies and almost always refers to them as "my babies" and will argue with anyone who says differently. 

She loves to play with them and as she would say "make them happy."  The first thing she would ask when I picked her up when they were not at school with her, "Where are my babies?"  This is actually quite funny as she is the most serious little person at times and was only worried about where her little beings were at that time.

She doesn't care to help with the diaper changes but she just wants to see them, know they are at our house and make them smile.  Mallory and Cale just light up when she says their names.  She calls Cale, "Cale Man Buddy" because at some point Matt started calling him "Captain Cale Man" and yes saying it just like Captain Cave Man and son - but we insert Pickles!  She loves to sing, "we call her Pickles, Pickles, Pickles" to Mallory, but more importantly she actually says Mallory now.  That is a huge change that took quite a few months of work as she was blending Melanie and Mallory together.  She loves to help feed the babies and will "help" calm them down when they are upset.    That is usually done by her flapping her arms up and down saying,"guys, guys, guys.  It is OK!"  Again very sweet because she means it so honestly.

It is really a beautiful thing to see her love shine for these two little ones who I thought my cause some jealousy. 

And Caden, he too loves these babies, he interacts with them and cares about where they are but not quite on the same level as Maggie.   They know that he is there and watching over them and he loves to hold them.  He is a proud big brother!  He is my protector and my gatherer.

But Maggie, she takes the thought of "her babies" to a whole different ballpark when she plays with them and asks about them.

A few Sundays ago, we were sitting at home and she looked at me so serious for a 3 year old and said, "mommy, I don't want to make my babies happy today.  I need to go to sleep now and they will have to be just okay today."  She lives in big, big world.  She plays big and eats big!  She truly believes her place here on earth is to make these babies happy and she is here and ready to help when they need her the most - well most day anyways. 


Maggie teaching Mallory to sit up by herself!

I love watching this bond of my children. 
 It truly makes the world a better place these 4 amazing little people.
I love that we don't have many jealousy issues. 
I am blessed that I am raising a beautiful little girl, even with her very opinionated mind, and that she truly cares about her baby brother and baby sister! 
After all, they are Her Babies!

No comments:

Post a Comment