"While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about!"

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Part of such an amazing group of women...

I am very honored to be a part of an amazing group of women who serve the towns of Indiana with kindness and charity while supporting the arts.  We are known as Tri Kappa and I couldn't be more proud of the work these ladies do.

Last night I was installed as the President of the Lawrenceburg, Pi Chapter of Kappa, Kappa, Kappa and I feel privileged that these women believe in me to hold this position for the next two years.  I am so excited for what the opportunities this will bring for me to grow as a person.  I only hope I make them proud.

These ladies are just simply amazing.  They are part of my family, they put up with the chaos that is my life and they support each other with unconditional love.  They are there for you when you need them and they the first to be your biggest cheerleaders.  They work hard and are passionate!

I had the chance to spend a weekend with 600 Kappas this year and it just blew me away - there is simply nothing like our organization. 

So while my official term doesn't begin until July, my brain is whirling with thoughts and ideas! 

Of course I would not be able to do any of this without the support of Matthew.  He is the one who has the hardest job of being with the children when I am on Kappa duty but he does it without a negative word and like the champ dad he is! 

To my daughters, I hope that one day you will get the same wonderful experiences with this group, you are after all legacies.  To my mother in law who invited me to be a part of this group, I cannot thank you enough!  Mary Jo - I am so looking forward to serving our terms together!  To my Kappa sisters, thank you for the honor and privilege and the belief in me! 
Here is to the start of a amazing journey - oh what a ride it will be!

So as I head off to bed tonight I am turning words over in my head to come up with a motto for my term - strength - that is my starting thought and I may not have it yet but somewhere in that muddled brain this motto will come together!

No comments:

Post a Comment