"While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about!"

Saturday, May 5, 2012

She LOVES her friend Abby!

Mallory absolutely, positively LOVES her friend Abby!
If you remember we introduced you to Abby back in November, The Blessing of a New Baby! Happy Birthday Abby!, as I promised in that post Abby was welcomed into the world with friends for life.  Mallory has proven that to be true, even at 22 months she adores this little friend and has to see her each day to make her day complete! 

Every morning at daycare, Mallory is in the room adjoining Abby's, the girls will allow Mallory to say hello by either lifting her up to see Abby or opening the door.  Every night when we leave daycare and Megan is parked outside, Mallory will point to Megan's car and say, "Abby's car".  As they drive by our house when we are unloading, she is watching them and waves, "bye Abby".  When the doorbell rings, she says, "Abby here" and runs to the door, it used to always be, "Papaw's here" but now he has been replaced with her friend Abby!

She is really sweet and loving with Abby, a few weeks ago, okay maybe many more than that - who can keep track of time with all of these kids anyways - Abby came for a Saturday morning visit while her mommy took some much needed Mommy time!  Mallory could not have been happier and a friend said it best, these two are friends for life!

Here is Mallory giving Abby her blanket and all of her toys

Here is Mallory taking back Abby's blanket and all of her toys!

Here is Mallory playing with Abby!

I love watching these two light up when they see each other.  I truly hope that they are friends for life, after all my oldest friend who I have and love dearly I met when I was only six weeks old!  And while yes our lives are crazy and we do not see each other nor talk to each other as much as I would like we can pick up right where we left off when we do see each other, just Thursday I was behind her on the interstate and gave her a quick call to say hello!  Megan also just reminded me that she too met her best friend when she was very young, I would say the odds are in the girl's favor for this continuing!

But the story here is that Mallory has a wonderful friend who she loves, one who I know will be in our lives forever! 

Mallory and Abby, I look forward to the many adventures with you two, the trouble you will cause, the secrets you will share and most of all a friendship that will last a lifetime!

No comments:

Post a Comment