"While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about!"

Thursday, May 17, 2012

My Mother's Day Letters from Maggie and Caden

Both of my older two "wrote" me a letter for Mother's Day and they are just fitting for each of them.

Maggie's made my heart melt.  This little girl who is 4 and a half years old is sweet and I just have to share my letter from Maggie each underlined phrase is where Maggie filled in her words:

My Mom's name is Trina.
My name is Maggie but Mom calls me Maggie Lynne McCool.
My favorite food Mom makes me is "sketties".
My favorite thing to do with Mom is play with my Barbies.
Mom likes it when I help her make puzzles.
Mom gets upset with me when I do something bad to my brothers or sister.
If I could buy my Mom anything I would buy her a t-shirt to go to the Reds game.
My Mom is the best because she helps me make my crafts.

Caden's letter also melted my heart and both made me proud.  Caden is my moody child for sure but I guess I was his best friend on this day.  Here is Caden's letter:

My Mom's name is Trina.
My name is Caden but Mom calls me Caden Potato.
My favorite food Mom makes me is pizza.
My favorite thing to do with Mom is help her.
Mom likes it when I help her put clothes away.
Mom gets upset with me when I make my babies mad.
If I could buy my Mom anything I would buy her a new phone.
My Mom is the best because I like her.

So while I did not get a t-shirt to go to the Reds game or a new phone, I will cherish these letters from my bigs.  I LOVE the fact that they both know that I get upset when they bother their siblings, I know that will never end but at least they know that it makes me upset.  I am proud of them and the little people they are becoming.

My kids make me smile, it just that simple.  The other day at work I was asked if I consider my children a blessing or a burden, not really sure why I was asked the question when I entered our kitchen but without hesitation I answered, "a blessing!" and they truly are just that.  Yes there are hard days, yes I am always exhausted and always have a million things to do but you know what - it is our life and I wouldn't trade it for the world!  There were so many times when I prayed that God would allow us to have a family, so many years of disappointment when it didn't happen that I cannot question why Matt and I were chosen to be parents to two sets of twins. 
Each time I am pushed to a new limit I have to take a deep breath and say a quick prayer to put me back on track, and sometimes that is topped with a good cry or a few moments of locking myself in the bathroom!   Yes there are break downs when I push myself too hard but with a little reminder from my book of guidance (from a GREAT friend) I can usually get back on track within an hour. 

Life is not easy, no one said it should be, it is a journey, a long journey that changes direction as we go and I am 100% without a doubt enjoying my journey with my husband and honored to be the Mom of Caden, Maggie, Mallory and Cale!
Thank you babies for making me a happy Mom, for filling my day with joy and love, and for reminding me to stop and cherish the little things in life - your Momma loves you all very much!

No comments:

Post a Comment