"While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about!"

Thursday, November 15, 2012

Maggie as the Star Student

Each week at school Ms. Lauren chooses one student to be the Star Student.  This student gets to bring in their favorite books to share during circle time, they get to choose their job in the classroom each day and they bring in a photo of themselves to hang up in the classroom with some answers to simple questions.

Our Miss Maggie was chosen as the Star Student for October 29th - November 2nd.  She was thrilled to fill up the book bag on Sunday evening, she carefully went through her books to choose the right ones so that both the boys and girls would like to see and hear what she brought.  She chose her photo of herself and could not wait to get to school to choose her job for the day. 

Maggie's Star Student Week:
  • When I grow up I want to be....
    • "A Teacher"
  • I am proud of myself because...
    • "I can write S"
  • What I like most about school is...
    • "Playing"
  • I'm good at....
    • "spelling words"
  • My favorite subject is....(which Ms. Lauren usually asks what is another thing they like to do at school since they don't really have "subjects")
    • "Coloring"
  • I'm a Star Student because...
    • "I've been so good"  (to which Ms. Lauren wrote, "Ms. Lauren agrees! :) You guys have a very sweet and smart little girl!)
Of course we agree with Ms. Lauren, we are proud of our little girl but it is always nice to hear it from someone else too.  Maggie LOVES being in Ms. Lauren's class and often tries to get out of lying down by "helping" Ms. Lauren - she will do anything, when I recently came early to pick up she was helping to hang up artwork!  I really appreciate that Ms. Lauren took the time to write down Maggie's answers to the questions so we could record them for her to read when she is older and hopefully she will be proud of her week as Star Student.

I love reading the kids answers each week; they are always so different and go so well with each child's personality.  This really is something special to these kids and I am grateful that Ms. Lauren takes the time to make sure that each child knows they are special and that they too can be a Star Student. 


The photo Maggie chose of herself


No comments:

Post a Comment