"While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about!"

Friday, February 11, 2011

It takes a village to raise children!

That phrase has never rang more true for us or been more apparent to me than it has in the past week!

We are very blessed to have many family and friends who are helping us in this quest of raising our gaggle of wonderful children.  This week, which I was wishing to be a "normal week" required us to lean on our village and I am sure glad that they were there to help us

Here is a small list of those who have helped us this week:  Memaw Jo, Papaw Frank, Big Papaw, Aunt Haley, Uncle Adam, Miss Natalie, Miss Chris, Memaw Donna, Papaw Chris, my Tri Kappa sisters, the Cupcakes and Cocktails Crew and we cannot forget about all of our friends at day care! 
Plus all of the ones who just stop by to visit and end up holding a baby - thank you Aunt Cheryl! 
And of course all of those who cannot be here physically but call with concern or send love, we thank you too and need those prayers.

We are so grateful to you all who have helped us when we needed it, even if it was at the drop of the hat (or children for that matter, Haley you remember I let them off in your yard because Matt had wrecked the bus?)
We stay in Greendale for a reason, just this reason, so that our children can grow with the love and support of not only Matthew and I but all of those who love them and enjoy spending time with them.  This not only allows our children to develop relationships and bonds with those who already mean so much to Matt and I but it also allows Matt and I to do more for our community and to give us some couple time.

So as I am excited for the weekend that is near I want to thank you all for all of your support whenever you have given it and in whatever form. 
Please know that our world and family is stronger because of you all and your kindness. 
We love and I am sure we will lean on you once again in the near future because we love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment