"While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about!"

Monday, February 7, 2011

Here is to a "normal" week

If I have learned anything in my 3 years as being a mom I know this, there is a never a normal week in our lives!  What I am wishing for is one that is a little more normal than the last couple have been for us.  Between the snow, delays, ice and long work hours for mommy it has been absolutely crazy.

So when I ask for a normal week I am looking for a week when we can get to where we are going without waiting to see if day care will be open, a normal work week - no more long days, a week where the chores that need to be done during the week are at least 50% accomplished and one where Matt and I are not two ships passing in the night.  Now for those who know me well, you know that this is a pipe dream, but one I am striving for as this momma is tired! 

We had a great weekend, which followed a busy week, but we are getting things done, checking off the "to do" list, and spending lots of time with the kids.  We even had a great visit with two of our favorite people this weekend.

I absolutely love seeing my kids interact with Maddox, there were numerous times when I caught he and Maggie just hugging, they were all laughing and chasing each other.  There was even a moment when Maggie said she loved Maddox!  It makes a mom proud to see your children grow in their relationships with others.  This has really came to light for me in the last couple of days with both Caden and Maggie.

Maggie, as I just mentioned loves playing with Maddox and he loves playing with Maggie, they are a lot alike and just light up when the other is near.  Caden, he too enjoys playing with Maddox but I noticed his growth at school last week.  He has his buddies at school and early last week when I was dropping off one day he started taking his coat off, this is not the normal morning routine.  He said to me, "mommy take my coat, I need to go play with my friend Xander."  My heart was proud, normally he doesn't take his coat off anywhere he goes for at least 15 minutes.  He did want a kiss before he ran off, yes he still wants those, but he was so excited to go hang out and play. 

I just love watching my children form the bonds with other kids and learn what friendship and family are all about.   I love the simple things that remind me what life is all about.
I may not always see or feel it but everyday I am learning from my children and seeing the world in a whole different scope. 
They are teaching me more than I will ever know!

No comments:

Post a Comment