"While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about!"

Thursday, October 11, 2012

10 Years of Wedded Bliss!

Ten years ago tomorrow, October 10th, I said, "I Do" to my best friend and the wonderful father of my four children.  Ten years - wow!  Seems like yesterday I stressed over wedding planning and making everything just right.  Ten years of ups and downs, joys and sorrow, trials and triumphs and four kids in two in a half years - WOW!

I would do it all over again in a heartbeat. 

It was a beautiful, warm and sunny day in October.  The place, St. John's the Baptist Church in Harrison Ohio.  Surrounded by our family and friends.  Embraced by our wedding party and those who were part of our day, thank you to each of you: Erica, Rachel, Jenny, Sara, Emily, Denise, Amber, Adam, Dusty, Scott, Hooper, Brian, Kurt, Aaron, Dan, Michael, Brad, Mandy, Aunt Connie, Aunt Cheryl, Tricia, Sarah, Alexis, Kasey, Jacob and Mason!  To our parents, thank you for the support, emotionally and financially to make our day possible. 

It was wonderful.  I remember being so excited, so into the mass, laughing at our four little people - Kasey throwing her pedals in the air, Mason and Jacob eating the beads out of their boutonnieres, looking out to see our family and friends there to witness our union, looking at Matthew during the ceremony thinking, "I cannot believe I am this lucky to be marrying this man today," enjoying an evening on the dance floor, a HUGE thank you to Jenny Klem for our photos that captured every moment, grateful that Emily made me take a minute to look around and take it all in, thankful that Uncle Bob drove us back to the hotel - with a pit stop for gas in our car, SO grateful that Tricia and Courtney came to rescue me out of my dress, and just being HAPPY.  Happy to the core of my soul...

Ten years, some days I still feel young, others I feel old but when I look back at our wedding day, we were young.  We had no idea what plans were in store for us, what goodness God would grace us with.  We knew we loved each other and that we could not wait to be married. 

When I think back to that day, the only part I hate, that my grandma Horstman did not make it to that day physically, but I know she was there, it started the traditional of all the girls wearing grandma's onyx ring on their wedding day.  I still remember in April of that year, she told my mom, she needed two dresses to go with one pair of shoes, Daniel and Tammy were getting married that May as well as us in October and she could not possibly wear the same dress to both weddings.  Sadly, she did not see either one of us get married, oh I so wish she did and I miss her so much.  I would give anything to watch her with my kids, I do not know who would laugh more, her or I.  I do know she would tell me I have my hands full but that I can do it. 

But today is not about being sad, it is about celebrating ten wonderful years.  There have been many travels, sporting events and outings galore, holidays in every home, two companies for me - three for Matthew, two houses, six different cars, two Harleys, and best of all four beautiful children and twelve fabulous years of being together.  It has not always been an easy road but it is definitely a road worth fighting for and to continue to build strong.   

Bubby, I cannot wait to celebrate the next ten years with you. 
Hold on, I have a feelings these kids will give us a run for our money but I would not have it any other way. 
 
I love you more than burritos - forever and ever.
 
Happy Anniversary Matthew, thank you for making me your wife. 
Here is to a great day at Keeneland with our family and friends! 
 

Oh we were young, not really 25 and 26 but still I feel old right now!


 
 One of my favorite pictures from the day, I have no idea at what part of the ceremony it was but I love that I am looking at Matthew and he is smiling, I am sure that Father Shine was saying something about being a great husband and always doing as I say!

 
 I warned Matthew to not smash the cake in my face - but I got him instead.  Love you honey!


And our four reasons to smile and remain strong - I love my monsters!  T
hank you Matthew for your willingness to go through what we did to get them! 
These kids make me laugh everyday!

 
The 6 Cools Summer 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment