"While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about!"

Thursday, October 25, 2012

It's OFFICIALLY back to work for Ricki!

Well little sister, it is your official back to work day after maternity leave and I hope you are having a great day!  Yes I know you "officially" returned last Friday but I am considering this one your official day since everyone else is where they are supposed to be as well.

She tried to return last Friday but poor Myles decided he needed some more time with mommy and daddy and came down with a fever that kept Erica and John home with him alone for a few more days. 

Hey little man, next time just ask - no fever needed - but seriously we are so glad you are feeling better and that everyone could have their "TA DA" day that was planned for last Friday.

Big brother Maddox was so excited for you to go to Becky's with him, I sure hope he did not complain when he had to go off to school for a few hours today.

Step by step, hour by hour, that is how I recommend you transition back into a working life while balancing a newborn, husband, another child and just way too much to do at home.

I all too well remember both times I returned to work after maternity leave. The first time, it was Valentine's Day 2008, and after being home 11.5 weeks I had to go back, I cried the entire way to work, got through it the best I could and smiled the entire way home just so excited to see those two little faces.

 
Next came returning to work after almost 13 weeks off with Mallory and Cale, this return was that much harder. 
I did not want to leave, I was happy here at home with just my babies, taking walks and keeping up with chores, but I had to go back - and I made it - Ice cream, apple pie, jeans and a few cries!

 

We make it through, just as I know you will make it and all of the other ladies who have to return to work and leave their babies in the care of others, balance the chores of the house, find some quiet time for yourself, make date time for your hubby and most of all savor the time with your family. 

No one ever said it was easy being a mom, no one can quite explain how rewarding it is to be a mom, no one can truly prepare you for the first day back to work, no one can know exactly how you feel but I can tell you this, it is not easy, it will make you stronger, you will have meltdowns but in the end you will make it through and each day will get a little bit easier.  Sure we will have set backs and routine changes and nights with no sleep but we keep going, it is what we do, it is what our families need and we are strong - Erica you are strong! 

So Ricki, remember, you are a great momma, you are a great teacher, you are a STRONG person.  You can do this and I know you will be great!
Welcome back - I know they missed you at school and just know I am here whenever you need me.
Love you lots!

No comments:

Post a Comment