"While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about!"

Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Spending some time in Omaha

This week I am privileged enough to travel to beautiful Omaha, Nebraska - where ConAgra's headquarters is located.  I am excited to be able to take a part in the class this week and I am catching up on email for sure however, traveling is not easy for me at all. 

Mentally, I worry about the kids behaving for Matthew or whoever is helping us out, I miss my family, I worry about all of the million things I need to get done at home, I worry that I forgot something for school and I MISS THEM!  Just tonight I missed Maggie coming home with her birthday present from Papaw Casey, her bike, she was so excited to call me and could barely get all of the details out to tell me about it!  But I smile at that - she is a happy, happy girl and that makes me a happy mom, I just wish I could be there to see it with the smile that I know is on her face.

Physically, when I was here in June, I ended up with strep.  Today I wake up with a cold, it stinks!  I hate traveling and not feeling well.  One bonus, I am about to head to bed at 8:30 Central time and do not plan to wake until 5:00 AM!

Having to ask so many people to help us out makes it harder on me, I had to have someone cover my meeting - I know my mother in law did a great job but I hate missing Kappa nights :(.  Memaw Donna will have to cover Friday night pick up of the kids because I cannot get home until about 7:00 and Matthew is leaving for his golf trip - UGH logistics!

Everyone thinks it is nice to sleep in a bed without kids, to not have to worry about being woke up because there are many nights when someone is up and to be able to sit down and eat a hot dinner but no really I would rather be home with my family, learning is nice, I LOVE that part but traveling is not all that glamorous. 

Just to show you here is my room from travels in June, I could touch both sides of it by stretching out - I think it is smaller than most cruise ship rooms! That is a twin bed and you can see the sink - the bathroom is the small closet size behind the bed.  This was a good trip but the room cracked me up - I did not have free time to spend in there so it does not really matter!


 Traveling is part of what I do and I am grateful for the fact that I am able to travel to learn more about my job and how I can continue to improve.  I appreciate the opportunities that I have at ConAgra and with my team, still does not mean I do not miss my family like crazy when I am cozy in my cruise ship rooms!  However, traveling in the corporate jet was nice - that trip when I had strep - at least I was on the jet for 75% of my travels!

Kiddos, I hope you are being good.
Hubby hang in there, do not let them win! 
I love you all and will see 4 of you Friday and one of you hopefully by Monday! 

No comments:

Post a Comment