"While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about!"

Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Feeling for those students...

Over the weekend the kids of East Central lost a classmate, a young boy who was on the soccer team.  I personally do not know Jacob or his family but unfortunately I know what the students are all going through with this tragic loss and I feel for them all.  I feel for my young cousin who is a classmate and has known Jacob for a very long time.

Way too soon we have lost friends, we do not know the answers as to why, we may never know but I know how bad it hurts and how even after many, many years of them being gone they are not forgotten.  Adam, Robyn, Tommy, Jeff and Rod to name just a few but there are many more, they were all taken way too soon in life.  If I continue the list I may get sick because it is way too long.

I have other classmates who have passed and know other young kids who have passed, it is never easy.  It really is sad now that I think of all of the young lives I have known that have left too soon, I just cannot believe I know that many.  Even as I get "older" knowing of those who have left behind their children and spouses or their parents and siblings, it never makes sense and still is not any easier.

I do not know God's plan but I know in this small town we live in all of those who knew Jacob or know someone who knew him will rally around, show their support and love and make sure that he is never forgotten.  It truly is unfortunate that these kids will have to go losing a friend.  I have been watching the out pouring of love and support on facebook and it makes me proud to be an alumni of East Central and a member of the small town.  These kids are rallying, they are supporting the soccer team, it is branching across rival high schools, just as it was when Adam died, and it surely does not make it easier but somehow it makes it stronger to know that they are all pulling for each other and trying to figure out what happens next. 

Our town is small, that's all there is to it so tragedy like this touches everyone. I know that many, many people across the world are hurt by the loss of a young life everyday and each time I hear this on the news I feel for them.  No one can replace those loves, jokes, smiles, teammate high fives, and just a good time of being with friends.

I have great memories of all of my friends who have passed, they all touched my life in a special way and I will never forget them.  I will never know why it was their time but I know they made an impact while they were here.

All I know for sure is we can live for today, hug our loved ones, tell them how much we care, forgive when we need to and have no regrets. 
Stay strong family and friends of Jacob, stay strong - my thoughts and prayers are with you all during this time.  Remember the good times and celebrate the life that touched many.

No comments:

Post a Comment