"While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about!"

Thursday, January 27, 2011

I am amazed and thankful

When I posted my blog a couple of days ago about my dad I wrote it so that one day my children will have an understanding of why I made my decision but I got so much more than that.  I am just amazed and very thankful for all of those who have reached out to me with kind and encouraging words, I am blessed to have your prayers.  They all mean so much to me and what I needed during this very difficult time.

There is no doubt in my mind that my father loves me, I just wish the dad I had could see reality and be an everyday part of our lives.  I will keep going from the support and love of others and because I hope that one day things may change.

Until then I have the support of the most wonderful blended family!  I say blended family because my family is so much more than my immediate family.  There are my parents, siblings, in-laws, grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins and friends who are here and supporting me.  It doesn't matter if they are my family by blood or by our bond, to me they are all family and I could not imagine our little world of the Cool Chaos without them all.

I hope you all know who each and everyone of you are and who I am talking about, the ones who love us without question, will do anything for us, and are always there.  You are the ones who love me for who I am, good or bad.  Who are helping us raise this gaggle of children we have been blessed with in our lives.  You are the ones who know when I need a smile.  You know when I need a GNO.   You say just the right words when I most need them.  You offer a simple hug and the right times and make me laugh when I need it most. 

I never in a million years ever thought my life could be so full with so many amazing people.  I will never be able to thank you all enough.  I just hope you know how much you mean to me and my little family. 

To my Bubby, it is simple, I love you more than burritos! 
To my Ricki, you have been my rock through more than anyone, and no matter if it is good or bad I could not have asked for a better person to share my journey.  I am thankful that our parents brought you into this world!  We may not have always gotten a long growing up but thank goodness those days are behind us.

To my mom,  you are one of the strongest woman I know and the one who has taught me the most by your actions.  I know you hate to see us go through what we are but it isn't your fault and the fact that you listen is enough.  You have given us the opportunities of a lifetime and a family we never imagined!  Thank you, and thank you for all that you do for the twins - both sets of them.  I could not ask for more supporting parents and better grandparents.

So as the toddlers are snoozing in bed, I am missing the babies, that wonderful Memaw Donna took them home for a slumber party.  Really she was worried of us driving them out to her in the snow tomorrow.  I am sure glad Papaw Chris agreed to the overnight, the toddlers enjoyed mommy time!   What I was trying to say and am rambling on about is that I am realizing once again how blessed I am with so many amazing and wonderful family members in my life! 

It is the simple things in life that truly matter and make us happy and I am just one lucky gal!

No comments:

Post a Comment