"While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about!"

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Back to Reality....

Well, vacation is over, back to the grind it is for us!
We had a great vacation, Isaac could not hold us back from doing just that even with the crazy wind.  It was a week of family and fun, relaxing and disconnecting.  10 whole days away from the office!  LOVED it!

There is so much I want to write about and had so many plans to get lots done on vacation but it did not happen.  It will, sooner or later.  The important thing is we had a great family vacation, we are home, recharged and back to the routine.  This week is packed full already and promises to push us to the end but oh well such is life when you have two working parents and four busy kids! 

It always amazes me to come back into town and see what changes have happened in a week.  What construction is going on, what was finished and just what is new.  By the way, when did it get so dark in the morning?  Gesh that was a shock this morning and one I am not sure I am ready for just yet!  My fingers do not exactly want to work the keys on the keyboard correctly and I think I forgot how to write with a pen, that is how I know I disconnected just right!

Here are the few phrases that were new this week:
Mallory "Oh My Gosh!" "I the Lorax, I speak the trees" "Maggie do it" (or Memaw or Mommy or Daddy - whoever the choice was at that moment) "I go 'wimming" (Swimming)
Cale "What you doin?" "I can't do it" "We go to the beach!" "Mallory not sharing" "Cannonball" (not exactly new but one we heard a lot on vacation)

For now, we are cleaning up emails, putting away the last few things from vacation, dreaming about downloading photos, getting ready for the twins sale, waiting for our new nephew to arrive and praying Grandma Ramey gets stronger everyday. 
It is what life is about and will keep us busy but it sure was nice to get away and reconnect with the kiddos and hubby.

Here is hoping I get a few blogs done this month, I may or may not who knows but I have a lot of stories in my head that I want to write so we will see what this month brings.

No comments:

Post a Comment