"While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about!"

Thursday, September 20, 2012

Capturing the Sweet Moments of Time

I love when I catch my children in sweet moments and I stop to just watch their innocence of being a child.  Many times they get embarrassed and stop whatever they are doing but not this time...

Monday evening I ran upstairs to throw in one of the 15 weekly loads of laundry and I heard Maggie leading Mallory in a dance routine.  The fact that Maggie was leading her sister is not the new part, the part that I loved was listening to Mallory giggle as she followed whatever Maggie was asking her to do.  So I crept down a few stairs to sit and watch what was happening.  Maggie was leading her normal dance warm up and not only did she have Mallory following but she had Cale following along too.  They were dancing up a storm and just having a great time.  It really warms my heart to watch them play together and to fill our home with laughter.  I know that they will not always be so sweet and play together nicely but I am trying my hardest to capture each moment I can when they love being together.  I just wish I was closer to the video camera when this was all going on to truly capture the moment.

This time when they caught me watching they didn't stop, we continued the dance party, I mean who doesn't need a good dance party on a Monday night? 

That wasn't the only moment of the night that was sweet, I watched Caden and Cale sitting together watching Thomas the Train videos on the iPad.  First of all the fact that the four year old and the two year old can both work the iPad probably better than I can is just plain scary.  The real part of my story is watching these two brothers bond over their love of trains.  Caden and Cale have not been the closest, they are usually fighting over cars and whose is whose but not on this night - it was just brotherly love and trains, lots and lots of trains.  It was just another moment that melts your heart as a parent, knowing that they can be together and not have to say anything.  I was extremely proud of Caden as he would ask Cale what he wanted to see next and was teaching him all of the names of the trains.  He is one awesome big brother. 

Even though it is now Thursday, I have wanted to capture this night all week but unfortunately have barely had a moment to breathe.  I love these four little people more than they will ever know.  Matthew and I are two very lucky parents, we get to be their mommy and daddy.  I thank God on a daily basis for allowing us this awesome task and for these sweet, sweet moments.  Ironic - maybe it took until Thursday for me to record my Thankful Thursday moment??

Here is to many more sweet, sweet memories and for being able to capture them before they are grown and gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment