"While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about!"

Friday, December 3, 2010

I am grateful for all the prayers that have been answered in the last year!

A year ago I prayed harder than I have ever prayed before.  I was out doing some Christmas shopping when something happened and I was worried going wrong with the baby (remember at this point we thought it was only one baby) I quickly called the doctor and went in for a check up.  On my way I prayed that the baby would be ok but also tried to ground myself that everything happens for a reason and reminded myself that I had two healthy and happy children at home already.  I was surprised to find out that yes I was still pregnant with not one but 2 babies!  HUH what I said to Dr. Scheiber, really how is that possible?  I thought for sure I was losing this baby that we had tried for and wanted in our lives.  I quickly thanked God for still being pregnant but then went, really another set of twins, can we handle another set of twins? 

Then I remembered, God gives you what you can handle or what he believes you can handle.  He will be there to guide you along the way and we have survived one set of twins so we can do it again right?  After all we were hoping for one baby to see what it was like to raise one child at a time but were blessed with two.

This time of year is always special and right now I am just thankful that not only that prayer but many other prayers throughout the year have been answered.  Not only my personal prayers but the prayers of the family and friends around me. 

It truly is a powerful thing and I believe that everything happens for a reason, we may not always understand that reason but there is a life lesson and reason behind everything. 

So as we enter the weekend I pray that we are all safe and together as a family enjoying our lives. 
A simple prayer but a good one. 



No comments:

Post a Comment