"While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about!"

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

I am Thankful for many things....

November is in my opinion on of the best months we could have!  It is a month to remember all we are thankful for, it starts the holiday season, it begins cream cheese season, my first babies were born in November, and it means that more than likely we will get to see more of our family during the month.

This year the month of November didn't let me down, it was crazy and packed full but I must say we had fun!  Thanksgiving was great, even with the rain and getting 4 kids in and out of the van in the downpours, we of coursed missed those who could not be with us.  I will say that I think Granny Cool is very proud of Maggie, she has found a love of angel food cake, so Bryce and Jodi you have to keep bringing it to the holidays :)  We really did miss her this year but know she was with us, we are thankful that Aunt Sue found a few things Granny had bought for the kids, including the babies, and that she gave them to us, we will treasure those little animals forever. 

I really enjoyed all of Grandma Horstman's dishes that my mom cooked, the lemon jello was perfect!  We missed seeing our SC family members even though they were in the state but are glad they at least got to come home for a visit.
It was wonderful to have our Horstman gathering, mom and Chris I know it is a ton of work for you but the time together and the memories are priceless, plus who would of thought we would have that many little ones running around ever again?  I think it was the 80's since that house has entertained so many little people.  To see them interact with each other was wonderful and brought back many memories of childhood holidays and playing together.  We always were making up games and getting in trouble by Grandpa because we were too noisy upstairs and sneaking way upstairs where we weren't supposed to be.  Those are good times and great memories and it is just amazing to watch my own child create their own with their cousins. 

And to Adam and Haley, thanks for hosting us even if it was for a short time, there just wasn't enough hours in the day to do it all but I am glad we made it for a bit.

I survived another Black Friday and had a ball with Mary Jo and Erica.  Thanks gals for going with me and helping me get so much done!  I am sure we will do it again next year!

So Thanksgiving has come and gone, Caden and Maggie's 3rd birthday arrived, and now we are onto December.  I am looking forward to what it will bring and so far the month has started off great!

Last night I was able to watch Rudolph with Caden, if you recall I watched this right before I delivered he and Maggie, then we wake up this morning to snow flurries, and day two in the hospital with Caden and Maggie we got snow.  I am feeling very sentimental today and thinking back to when these two arrived in our lives. 

I am so looking forward to this month, the holidays and the outings we have planned.  Caden and Maggie are already enjoying the lights and begging to get our tree up.  I am looking forward to Cale and Mallory's first Christmas and bringing them into our family traditions. 
I am looking forward to remembering our loved ones who have passed away and sharing their favorite traditions with my kids.  I am really looking forward to cookie baking with my mom and Maggie - that will be fun plus learning to make Mrs. Kraus's cookies is a huge goal of mine!

Here's to a great December for all and Happy Snow!

No comments:

Post a Comment