"While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about!"

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

It has been a few devastating events! Well Mom is devastated but we will survive!

I can't believe it - my worst holiday fear came true last week - the toddlers found the stash of gifts!  ALL of THEM!

They are sneaky, sneaky little devils and daddy hid that they had found the toys on Thursday and not the Sunday morning which I believed was the first time. 

So mom had to get creative, Saturday evening while they were out with Daddy I got them all wrapped and relocated to a new hiding spot, I hope it is a better one.  I then told my toddlers that Santa came over on Saturday and took all of their toys back to the North Pole and that if they could be good for the next week he would bring them back on Christmas morning.  Now they were devastated!  Caden asked more than once "how come? I want my Henry" - he is getting another Thomas character and really just can't wait.  Maggie bawled, real falling tears, that she wanted her toys back. 

Of course my level headed husband told me that it really isn't a big deal that they found the toys and he is probably right (I did not admit he is 100% right just that he maybe right), they can't put the two together yet, but still they don't forget ANYTHING!  I am worried about the long term effects and just hope that they are still as excited come Christmas morning.

So I pulled out the "if you aren't good card" last night at bed time, they were wound up and would not go to sleep.  I told them that they had to be good this week so that Santa can come back and bring them their presents.  They really don't get it other than they want those toys back.  I just hope the effects of finding the toys doesn't last and that Santa will be a continued tradition for many, many years.   After all in the spirit of  The Polar Express, I believe!

The other topic I refer to as devastating really isn't but it is still freaking me out - my babies are growing up too fast! 
Mallory cut her first tooth yesterday, she beat her brother who I thought would be first.  She is wanting to sit up on her own so bad I am amazed and wish my stomach muscles were half that strong!  She isn't rolling over yet but she will in her own time. 
Cale is a rolling little machine and even though he is teething you wouldn't know it.  He still has all of the biggest smiles when you walk into a room or simply say hello to him.
Since they are going to be 6 months old this week we figured it was far time to start our cereal eating.  Here is their first attempt!  They did pretty good for never eating cereal before.  Of course like everything else they are doing we will have to learn it from the beginning and I am sure it won't take them long to get the hang of it.

Ready to try this eating real food thing!

We are messy but had fun!

Cereal beard!
Crazy hair and a messy face - we love it!
I don't truly believe that devastation happened but all the same to me at the time I was, then to learn Miss Mallory has cut a tooth boy what a blow.  Really it is all amazing.  I just can't wait for Caden to open that Henry and I can't wait for the hours upon hours we will spend together playing with those trains.  I also know that from now on Santa will have to hide his presents better, they are too smart for my own good!

I just can't believe it though, time if flying by, I love it, I love every minute of it, even the hard ones, but I really wish I could have more time with them all at their respective ages. 
Every day is a new adventure and memory that I cherish.
As you may recall I am trying very hard not to freak out about getting it all done this holiday season and really enjoy my time with my family, so far so good, I am only freaking out on the inside!
Here's to a great Holiday!

No comments:

Post a Comment