"While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about!"

Saturday, November 13, 2010

A Lazy Saturday

It is just what I needed!  LAZY SATURDAY!  We don't get them very often, I truly treasure them when we get them and I sure wish we had more of them. 

The kids didn't get out of their jammies until I bathed the babies and put on new ones, Maggie only changed because she had an accident and Caden is still in his that we put on in the middle of the night last night.  We had no plans - well kiddos and I didn't - except for couch buying which I did and was back home with yummy Chipotle lunch within 2 hours.  Cale and I took a 2 hour nap that mommy very much needed.  A migraine was coming on and he obliged to cuddle for our nap.  Memaw Jo came down so I could grocery shop without kids.  I came home to 3 of 4 kids sleeping and the oldest two are still sleeping!  Caden fell asleep on the couch while talking to Memaw and doing a puzzle and Maggie fell asleep at the dinner table after eating some cereal!  I can only wish we had pictures of her falling asleep while eating!
I got the refrigerator cleaned out and groceries put away.  Made a pizza, cleaned up the kitchen, went through a week's worth of mail, folded some laundry and got all of the kids into bed! 

That to me is a perfect Saturday, no plans, no where to be and now time for bed at 9:15.  I must say part of me wishes we never had Saturday plans but I know that isn't us, this is a rare occasion, we are goers, we go and do things and I do love doing things with family and friends but I needed this recharge today.  I needed to get this house in semi order so that my brain will slow down on the mental "to do" list that is ever growing.  Trust me the mental one is way longer than the written one. I loved today, I love that I got a nap and time to hang out with my babies, I wish the older two didn't go to bed at 4:30 in the afternoon but hope that they sleep all night - they too need recharging!   This was a perfect follow up to my afternoon for mommy and this weekend is quickly becoming perfect.

Here is to many more lazy Saturday's this winter! 
Here's to a day of recharging and here is to tomorrow, football watching with family!  Go Bengals!
 I am very thankful for my Lazy Saturday

No comments:

Post a Comment