"While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about!"

Saturday, November 20, 2010

Thank Goodness the End is Near!

The end of the basement construction that is....

Our basement has been a work in progress now for about 6 months now and I can finally say THE END IS NEAR!  It is almost done and I can't wait to do nothing but sit on my comfy couch and watch a movie.

This weekend has been dedicated to getting a lot of our jobs done and thanks to the fabulous in laws we got a ton done!  Memaw Jo and Papaw Frank graciously took the kids on Friday night so we could do our chores and go shopping at Lowe's, which I love.  Matthew hates going to Lowe's because lately we haven't gotten out of there without spending $500 each trip but I think those days are behind us. 

So our Friday night was spent picking out cabinets that will build the bar, painting doors and quarter round, cleaning the floors and carrying out trash!  I know everyone is just jealous of our fun but you know what, we worked hard and I can't wait just a couple more weeks and this basement will be done! 

Today I am thankful that this project is almost behind us, it is draining me of my energy and money, but mostly I am thankful for the space this project will bring.  It will be a wonderful family room, gathering spot and a hibernating location for the McCools!

No comments:

Post a Comment