"While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about!"

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Let the Cream Cheese Season begin!

Thanksgiving kicks off my husband's favorite time of the year - Cream Cheese Season!  Thanksgiving is the official start of cream cheese season which goes through New Year's with a nice spike back at Super Bowl. 
He has deemed this time of year cream cheese season because at each family and friend gathering there is for sure to be at least 50% of the dishes with a cream cheese base. 

I have always laughed at him when he says this but when I was making my grocery list for the Toddler Twins birthday party I realized how right he is - I have a need for at least 6 blocks of cream cheese but I know I will buy about 10 because it is great to have them on hand during this yummy and festive season, you don't want to run out!  So from now until New Year's I know that Cream Cheese will be on my grocery list, it is a staple and a need as you never know when you will get an invite and need to bring an appetizer!

Matthew absolutely loves cream cheese season for the yummy foods but I love it for another reason. 
I love it because it means time with family and friends.  It means that we are together with the ones we love and having a great time!
Happy Cream Cheese Season to All!

Today I am thankful for Cream Cheese and the joy it not only brings to my husband but the gatherings that it creates! 
Sometimes it is the simple things in life that are the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment