"While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about!"

Thursday, November 11, 2010

Really 20 weeks have gone by?? I am thankful for every minute of it

I know this seems like a common theme for me to write about but I just can't believe it - the babies are 20 weeks old today - really?  It feels like yesterday I was growing a belly and hoping that there would be a healthy baby in there. 

They are such an amazing joy to our lives.  Each morning I walk into their room to give them a kiss goodbye and 9 times out of 10 Cale is laying there patiently waiting for us to come get him so he can start his day.  You are always greeted by a wondeful smile from him. 

This morning he was a little hungry, after all he went to bed early and if I was him I would have been hungry too.  In the rush of the morning I set him down in his chair and handed him his bottle, I had all intentions of asking Caden to help feed his younger brother but guess what - he didn't need help, he held his own bottle for the majority of his feeding.  This was the first time he did that!

I don't like letting them hold their own bottle especially when they are this little, my time with them at this age is precious enough but I had to get ready and get out the door this morning so it was a neat discovery for us that he could hold his own bottle.   Miss Mallory has been holding her bottle for about two weeks, she beat Cale, but again it is not something I like to do but it is a nice option and a minute more of time I didn't have before.

Mallory still isn't rolling over but she will on her own time.  She is funny and loves to laugh, I see a lot of Maggie coming in her - oh boy!   Cale still hasn't figure out how to roll over completely very well (at least I haven't seen it) but he is getting there.  To be honest I am not sure if I am truly ready for them to be mobile, that will be a whole new world to all of us but especially Caden and Maggie as their space will become more invaded than it is already.

I don't know where this year has gone, much less the last 20 weeks, I can't believe Caden and Maggie will be 3 very shortly.  I do know that I am enjoying every minute, even the hard ones, they strengthen us beyond what we thought we could do. 

I am proud of my kids and what they are learning, all 4 of them, they are developing into their own beings and it is a wonderful gift to witness. 
That is a gift for which I am very Thankful!

No comments:

Post a Comment