"While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about!"

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Really, I am going to have my hands full!

Miss Maggie is definitely going to give her momma a run for her money over the next 18 years of her life!

It really came to light the other night when after her haircut Miss Cherie put in TWO french braids and once again made my little girl look way to old and grown up!  I swear every time we go to visit her she does something beautiful to Maggie's hair that then takes away those little girl looks and transform her into a little lady.

 So of course we couldn't take out her braids for bedtime, I had no hope of them staying with how thin her hair is so I prepared myself for an morning earlier than normal to do the repair.  I am pretty proud of myself as I haven't done a french braid in years and yet I was able to tackle her hair and replace the beautiful braids with ones that would get her through the day.  She wasn't too happy about me taking her picture though!
While I didn't do quite as good as Miss Cherie, I will keep practicing, as I now think these will be requested over her normal Abby.  An Abby is a ponytail, you know just like Abby Cadabby on Sesame Street, which is how I got her to keep a ponytail in her hair when we first started wearing them.
I also know that we are going to have to get up even earlier if braids are on the agenda because it took a bit longer than an Abby. 

Oh boy - high maintenance child - I am in for a world of early morning primping and arguments of how her hair must be perfect for school! 

I love it and hate it, I love hat she enjoys getting her hair done and will sit still for it
but it makes me sad to see her looking so grown up with just a change of her hair.
Thank you Miss Cherie, but let's keep her a little girl a while longer. 
Mommy isn't ready for her to grow up!

No comments:

Post a Comment