"While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about!"

Thursday, January 6, 2011

Only two more days....

Until I get to see those smiling faces.  I am traveling this week for work, it is a project that is exercising my brain and we are doing some very important work but I miss my family.  

I am so thankful that my husband is supportive and crazy enough to say go ahead and leave for an ENTIRE week.  I know how hard it is to manage 4 kids every morning and evening by yourself but I am also sure that he is doing a great job.  As far as I know they have all been bathed and fed and have gotten to where they need to be each morning so I know they are all doing okay.  That still doesn't take away the fact that I miss them all and cannot wait to see them. 

I did get a phone call last night from Caden, he didn't chat much but at least I heard his voice.  Maggie is a usually up for a few good words on the phone but you can hardly here hear as she thinks she has to whisper when she is on the phone.  The babies, well they can't quite hold a conversation on the phone but thank goodness for photos that daddy has sent me over the phone.  No matter what those moments brought a smile to my face and reassured me that they haven't grown too much while I have been gone.

The work we are doing takes time, which is why I am here for a week.  We are working long hours. It is much needed and it is stretching my brain and skills. I hope that my input is value added and making a difference for our company.  But it doesn't change the fact that I can't wait to see all of those smiling faces when I walk into the door on Friday.

So if you are home with your family, give them an extra hug today since I can't give any to mine. 
And Matthew, THANK YOU, thank you for taking care of our children and thank you for your support of my career. 
I love you more than burritos!

No comments:

Post a Comment