"While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about!"

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Caden is the Star Student

Finally, this young man has been waiting weeks - well really since his twin sister was chosen over 7 weeks ago that feels like eternity to him - for his chance to be the Star Student of Ms. Lauren's Pre K class.

Well my son, that time finally arrive for the week of 1/14/13-1/18/13 and we could not be more proud of you Caden!  He picked his books to share with his class all by himself, he reminded me on Tuesday that I forgot to take his picture in for the class and he was sure to share with us what his class thought of the books that he had chosen.  I did get his picture on Tuesday morning, the soccer one was his request, he is going to play 3 sports: baseball, soccer and indoor soccer.

As you may remember they get to answer some special questions then they are the Star Student, I am very grateful Ms. Lauren wrote these down for me and here we go...

When I grow up I want to be: "Scooby Doo"

I am proud of myself because: "I've been a good listener"

What I like most about school: "play with Lego's"

The subject I like the most in school: "coloring"

I am good at: "doing games"

I am a Start Student because: "I've been good"

And here is the extra note from Ms. Lauren - I sure hope she knows how much I appreciate these -

"Caden picked the Cars "Go, Go, Go" book for me to read to the class.  He was VERY excited because (in his words) "it's a Kindergarten book"  Which then got all the children talking about how excited they are for Kindergarten!"

The book was a present from Pam and Little Frank for Christmas and he enjoys this book, I am not sure if it is the fact that it is Cars, a Kindergarten book or just because he likes to read it in his own words.  Whatever it may be it makes me smile. 

Just now he came over and asked, "mommy, does my smile look good without my tooth?"  (Remember our visit from the tooth fairy? We have lost our 1st tooth! Of course it does buddy, of course it does. 

I love that sweet smiling face and I am proud of you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment