"While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about!"

Thursday, January 10, 2013

WHAT. A. DAY!

I am very glad this day has come to an end, it has been an emotional roller coaster that I did not expect or want to get on and exhausting!

Just when you think you are getting prepared for a meeting and that things could be good today I got a bit blindsided by something I was not expecting to hear.  But I could not dwell, I had 7 visitors coming in from Naperville and I had to be ready - so after a few minutes in the time out I placed myself in to regroup, I realized it was time to pull up my big girl panties and move forward to do the job I had to get done today.

A whole day of walking through our next year plans - lots of things crammed into my head that I was trying to keep straight - and it makes for one exhausting day!  This was day two of the plan review so needless to say my brain is done and my body physically hurts.  However, I have to say I am one very lucky person to work where I do and with the people I do.  My team rocked today - they were so prepared, represented their businesses well and just rocked what they needed to do today - I was VERY proud of both days really. 

Then the work day was done, thank goodness I was able to leave at my normal time because yesterday my poor little ones were at school for 11.5 hours since my meeting went long, I felt horrible yesterday.  The 45 minute commute I have can either be my best friend or worst enemy - today it was a mix of both.  This is my time to think and plan, today however, it was not the best to have all of this time to think about what had happened today so I mixed in a few phone calls to my sister and mom - they can always make me feel better.  Before I knew it I was at school and getting my hugs and smiles from my little ones.  THAT MADE IT ALL GO AWAY!  They are what is important, it maybe sad but I often need their smiling faces to deliver the reminder of what is truly important in life.  Selling food is my day time job that I love but being a mom is the title that I am proud to hold and never goes away and the one that makes everyday better, I would not trade it for anything.

My point tonight, bad days will come and go, you will never be able to get all of your work especially in this field but what is truly important is the family you go home to every day! 
Mine is wonderful and right now Mallory, Cale and I are snuggled in the couch watching Mickey's Christmas (for like the 100 millionth time in a week, I already know what will happen which is why I can write!) but I wouldn't have it any other way.  The dishes and laundry are going to have to wait, we have bonding to do - do you  know how hard it is to type without being able to move because you little loves want to lay on you?  It is a wonderful feeling and one I would not trade for the world. 

To my little reminders, I love you more than you will ever know, I never knew how much I needed you in my life to balance it and to give me a reason for not bringing my work home with me. 
Thank you for your smiles, giggles, independent spirits, hugs and unconditional love!

One of my favorite photos of my little reminders of what life is about!

No comments:

Post a Comment